The Back Story
The story behind Dr. Paul's is rooted in science and friendship. Earlier in his career Dr. Paul taught as a professor at two of the world's top medical schools, where he led a research lab that developed potential new treatments for brain diseases. In 2011, his research group made the seminal observation that chronic brain diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, could potentially be treated by targeting the peripheral immune system (Zwilling et al.). In his quest to identify new pathways in immune cells that might be important for brain diseases, Dr. Paul decided to investigate the endocannabinoid system (the body's endogenous cannabinoid system).
In 2012 his research group made the remarkable discovery that this system, acting in circulating immune cells, is a critical determinant of the onset and severity of neurodegeneration (Bouchard et al.). At this point in time Dr. Paul became obsessed with understanding the molecular basis for how cannabis might exert all of its fascinating effects, including its medical benefits. After scrutinizing thousands of research studies, Dr. Paul had the Epiphany that strong scientific evidence supports the hypothesis that terpenes are critical players in all of the actions of cannabis, and that the manipulation of terpene levels might result in cannabis products with discrete, reproducible effects.
Dr. Paul shared his ideas with a number of successful friends with unique entrepreneurial backgrounds, and with their encouragement and investment, Dr. Paul's was launched in 2016. Dr. Paul's is a company that is rooted in science, and its core uses research based product development to create unique and exciting vape pen cartridges.
- Listen to an interview on Cannabis Radio where Dr. Paul talks about The Molecular Basis of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Watch an introduction video of Dr. Paul and his approach to cannabis oil.
- Dr. Paul’s Xanadu Vape Pen Review (Terpenes and Testing Magazine)
- When it comes to vaping Dr. Paul’s Xanadu, expect a rich experience both in the flavor and effects...Read the article about Dr. Paul and his unique approach to cannabis and terpenes (Wietstock, Cara)Terpenes and Testing Magazine
- Dr. Paul contributed to the report for the NCIA Cannabis Testing Policy: Recommendations For More Thoughtful and Consistent Regulations
- Dr. Paul on behalf of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) has prepared a comment on the drug scheduling of cannabis. In this comment it presents scientific evidence in favor of removing cannabis from drug scheduling. You can read the full comment at thecannabisindustry.org/FDAcomment
Paul Muchowski currently serves as the CEO and CSO for Dr. Paul's. Dr. Paul received a PhD in Biological Structure from the University of Washington and performed post-doctoral training at the Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry. Dr. Paul worked as a professor in medical schools at the University of Washington and the University of California San Francisco, and subsequently in drug development in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Dr. Paul is a leading expert on neurodegenerative diseases, has published >60 highly cited research papers, has given hundreds of lectures on his research worldwide, and has won numerous awards for his innovative research and leadership. Dr. Paul currently serves as chair of the Scientific Advisory Committee for the National Cannabis Industry Association.
Contact us: email@example.com